Glass-top stoves are quickly becoming a staple in most kitchens and for good reason, too. Their popularity is due to the fact that they are sleek, safe, easy to use and add a modernistic feel to your kitchen. If you own one of these appliances, then you understand that a clean and shiny glass-top stove is truly a sight to behold. You will feel like whipping up a special meal every time you set your eyes on that gleaming glass surface. That’s why it is so important to learn how to clean glass top stove.
However, there are certain realities that you must still deal with. Glass is a very fragile material, and keeping it clean can be somewhat of a challenge for most people. It is so easy to get scratches on the surface when doing your cleaning, so you need to be careful and always use the right products. Another issue you will face is getting rid of different kinds of food stains.
With that said, let’s look at some cool tips that will help you keep your glass-top stove in mint condition:
- Always clean up any food spills immediately they occur. If you leave the spills and continue using the appliance, the spilled food will be burned onto the surface of the stovetop, thus discoloring and damaging the glass.
- Make sure the stove is turned off and cool before applying any kind of cleaning product. To be safe, just keep an eye on the heat indicator light to know when it’s okay to begin the cleaning.
- Avoid using cast iron or ceramic pots and pans on your glass-top stove. These can easily scratch its surface.
- If you have to use a sharp object to scrape off any burnt food residue, try to get the special scraper that is recommended by the appliance manufacturers. Always hold the cutting edge flat against the glass instead of using the corner of the scraper.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaning materials such as steel wool.
Now that you have learned some useful tips, let’s look at some of the natural cleaning products that you can use to keep your glass-top stove clean.
- White vinegar – The acid in the vinegar is a very effective dirt remover. White vinegar can be used to clean different surfaces around the house. It is often used to clean glass windows, which means it can be very effective for your glass-top stove. All you have to do is mix white vinegar and clean water in a ratio of 1:2. Pour the solution into a spray bottle, spray it over the glass surface, and wipe off the dirt.
- Baking soda and lemon – This combination is an effective cleaner because baking soda has antibacterial properties while lemon provides the grease-cutting ability. Baking soda has particles that are very fine yet strong enough to remove burnt food stains without scratching the glass surface. All you have to do is sprinkle some baking soda over the glass surface and then rub a lemon slice over the entire surface. Use a damp cloth to wipe off the stains as well as any remaining lemon juice and baking soda.
- Salt and olive oil – If the stains are tougher than usual, then you may have to resort to more stringent measures. In such cases, take a single-edge razor blade scraper and carefully scrape off the hardened stains. Then sprinkle some salt over the stained areas and leave for about five minutes. Pour two drops of olive oil on the stains and wipe the area using a damp cloth. Finally, wipe the whole glass surface using a clean and damp cloth.
As you can see, there are many natural products that you can use to learn how to clean glass top stove. However, if you want to make your cleaning task easier, you are better off using a commercial cleaning agent. You will avoid the risk of accidentally scratching the glass surface with a cloth that may have picked up dirt from elsewhere.
With that said, one of the best cleaners for glass-top stoves is the Weiman Glass Cooktop Cleaner and Polish.
WEIMAN GLASS COOKTOP CLEANER AND POLISH REVIEW
This is a heavy duty, non-abrasive and safe cleaner that is designed to keep your glass stove top shining for as long as possible. This cleaner is made from a special formula that goes beyond just cleaning and shining. It also adds a protective coating to any glass or ceramic surface. It eliminated all kinds of burnt or baked-on food stains without leaving any scratches, streaks, or residue. Another useful characteristic of the Weiman Glass Cooktop Cleaner and Polish is that it can restore older glass stovetops and make them look new again.
But how do you use the product?
- Let the stove cool.
- Wipe all loose material off the stove surface.
- Shake the bottle well and squirt a little amount of the cleaner over the burners.
- Use a paper towel, soft sponge, or the Weiman cooktop scrubbing pads to wipe off the food stains.
NB: To scratch off tough food stains, use a razor scraper after applying the cleaner over the glass surface. This will spare you from using too much elbow grease when using the paper towel, sponge, or pads.
The CONCLUSION to how to clean glass top stove
There are many ways you can learn how to clean glass top stove. You can go down the natural route or you can decide to invest in a good cleaner and polish such as the Weiman Glass Cooktop Cleaner and Polish. It is safe, non-abrasive, and protects the glass surface. If you are looking to revitalize your old glass stovetop, then this is the best product for you. This is a proven product that is guaranteed to be on your shopping list for years to come. Just make sure to follow the right procedure and remember the tips outlined above. Take everything you have learn from how to clean glass top stove and your glass stovetop will never be the same again!