Cleaning dishes is not a task that most people enjoy. However, you can’t leave your dirty plates in the sink forever, so someone’s got to clean them. To do that, you are going to need the best cheap dish soap on the market.
Walk into any supermarket and scan the dish soap section. You will realize that dishwashing soap are a dime a dozen. There are so many of them that many people assume that they are all the same. So most people simply grab what they can afford and move along. Not after reading this review.
The first thing you need to ask yourself is this: What defines good dish soap?
Here are some of the characteristics that good dishwashing soap should have:
- It should be able to eliminate a wide variety of dirt
- It should produce enough foam to clean as many dishes as possible
- It should be reasonably priced
- It must not be toxic or harmful to the environment
- It should have a mild scent
- It should be gentle on the hands and skin
So is there a dish soap that even comes close to meeting these requirements? Which is the best cheap dish soap out there?
Well, there is one that definitely ticks all the necessary boxes. That is Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap.
What Makes Dawn the Best Cheap Dish Soap?
Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap is three times more effective at cutting grease than its closest competitor. This allows you to clean off all the grime and grease from pots, pans, and utensils in very little time.
It has also been developed using a new formula that enables you to use as little soap as possible to clean more dishes. With just a few drops of the liquid, you can scrub greasy residue from all your pots and pans, with minimal effort. This saves you a lot of time and money. Talk about high-quality cheap dish soap!
Dawn has an original scent that leaves all your dishes smelling nice and fresh. This scent is not noxious at all and is mild enough to dissipate after a while. Unlike other dishwashing liquids that harm the environment, Dawn has a very low environmental impact. It is non-toxic to humans and animals alike. It is sensitive on your hands and makes a great hand washing soap. You do not need to wear gloves when cleaning your dishes.
In fact, here is something most people don’t know about Dawn dish soap. Its grease-fighting abilities have been used to clean birds affected by oil spills since 1978! The reason why wildlife rescue organizations prefer Dawn is because it cuts through all kinds of nasty grease without harming the skin of the animals. Better yet, Dawn as a brand donates a portion of its revenue to environmental causes like the International Bird Rescue.
- Packaged in a large, 56-ounce bottle
- Concentrated liquid
- Versatile and multipurpose cleaner
- Safe for washing oils and dirt off animals
- Great option for people with sensitive skin
- Affordable price
- Cleans off all kinds of grease, for example, garage grime
- Low environmental impact
- Mild original scent
- Since it’s very concentrated, you may need to use a bit more water to rinse it off.
How To Use Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid
As much as you hate doing the dishes by hand, sooner or later, you are going to have to clean those grimy plates. However, with this cheap dish soap, at least you won’t have to spend so much time on this task. If you want to leave your dishes sparkling in as little time as possible, follow the steps below:
- Collect all the items you need. This should include Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap, a sponge, dishwashing gloves (optional), and a drying rack.
- Read the labels on the items that you are supposed to wash. Can they be washed by hand? This is important because some items such as cast iron pans tend to rust easily and may require specialized cleaning.
- Scrape off all leftover food into the trash can. If there is any used cooking oil on the pots and pans, dispose it into a separate container. You do not want liquid grease cooling in your drain pipes and causing a blockage.
- Load your sink by placing the largest items at the bottom and stacking the smaller ones on top. For example, the pots, platters, large bowls, and pans go to the bottom and the smaller bowls, glassware, and utensils are placed on top. Watch out where you place the knives.
- Use some warm water to dampen the sponge. Wring out the excess water and pour a few drops of Dawn onto the sponge. Press the sponge a few times to spread the soap all over the sponge and create suds.
- Scrub the smaller utensils first and work your way down the sink. Rinse all the items well before setting them on the drying rack.
- If you have any greasy baking pans, soak them in Dawn soap solution for 30 minutes.
- Once the sink is empty, scrub the sink and get rid of any remaining food chunks.
That’s how you clean your dishes quickly and effectively using Dawn dish soap.
You may have been using another brand of dishwashing soap before you read this review, but now there are no excuses why you should continue to do so. If you want to clean off grease and all kinds of stains off your dishes, the best cheap dish soap to use is Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid.
It has three times the cleaning power of its closest rival. A few drops are all you need to create enough foam to scrub as many pots, pans, and utensils as you can. With its mild scent and non-toxicity, you don’t have to worry about the environment or sensitive skin. Better yet, it comes in a large container that will save you a lot of money. Searching for the best cheap dish soap? Now you’ve found it!