The oven is one appliance that is often used in the kitchen. If you are preparing food regularly in your oven, then you need to make sure that it stays clean and hygienic. You don’t want your oven to become a home for all kinds of insects and pests. For this reason, you need to invest in a good oven cleaner such as Easy-Off Oven Cleaner Heavy Duty Cleaner.
There are quite a number of products out there that you can use when cleaning your oven. One of the most popular ones is Easy-Off Oven Cleaner Heavy Duty Cleaner. With its certified deep-cleaning formula, this oven cleaner is able to dissolve the toughest burnt-on grease and food spills. Once you spray it in your oven, you can wipe off any kind of stain within minutes.
This aerosol spray is safe to use within any type of oven and does not catch fire. The best thing about it is that you can use it to clean a variety of surfaces and objects. On top of that, the price is really easy on your wallet.
Here are some of the features of Easy-Off Oven Cleaner Heavy Duty Cleaner.
- It’s an aerosol spray that is easy to use
- It is a multipurpose cleaner that can be used to clean ovens, boilers, pans, barbeque grills, and even stainless steel surfaces
- It incorporates a fresh scent
- Costs around $5
- Requires use of gloves when spraying
- It quickly cuts through hardened grease
- The product is quite affordable
- It cleans any surface within minutes
- The cleaner is non-flammable and can be used safely
- It can be used to clean both cold and warm ovens
- The smell can be a bit irritating if inhaled too much, so you have to keep the windows and doors open. Some people have reported a choking smell and are forced to wear a mask when using the product. In some instances, the smell lingers within the oven for too long.
- The spray nozzle tends to get clogged if it is not used regularly. In some cases, the can releases the spray well but after a few seconds, it turns into a dribble.
How to Use Easy-Off Oven Cleaner Heavy Duty Cleaner
Using Easy-Off Oven Cleaner Heavy Duty Cleaner is simple and easy. But before we dive into the instructions, let’s run through some of the precautions:
- Always wear long rubber gloves when spraying the product.
- Avoid using any sharp objects to open the cap.
- Do not get any of the spray on your eyes or skin.
- Shake the can well and repeatedly during use to prevent clogging.
Now here are the instructions:
- Preheat your oven to about 200 degrees F.
- When the oven reaches the desired temperature, turn it off.
- Spread some newspaper underneath the oven door to prevent the spray from landing on the floor.
- Remove the oven racks. You can clean these separately.
- Hold the can away from your face, about 12 inches from the oven surface. Spray the interior of the oven, starting with the top and then the sides, bottom, and finally the oven door itself.
- Close the oven door and leave for 5 to 10 minutes (longer if your oven is really grimy).
- Wipe the inside of your oven using a wet sponge or rag. Rinse frequently to remove excess dirt.
If you want to avoid preheating the oven, follow these instructions:
- Follow steps 3-5 above.
- Close the oven door and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wipe with a wet sponge or rag.
In case you just want to do some daily spot cleaning:
- Don’t heat the oven.
- Hold the can 12 inches from the surface.
- Spray the cleaner on specific spots.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Wipe with a wet rag or sponge.
Tips for Keeping Your Oven Flawless
There are some factors that determine whether your oven stays in tiptop shape or looks like a total mess. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Consistency – You need to clean your oven consistently. If you allow food particles and grease to accumulate in your oven for months, you will have a difficult time removing those burned stains. This normally happens to working professionals who don’t have time to clean. The result is that you end up spending the whole day cleaning your oven – unless you get yourself a can of Easy-Off Oven Cleaner Heavy Duty Cleaner.
- Durability – Do you know the durability or lifespan of your oven? Though cleanliness and hygiene are important, it doesn’t make sense to keep cleaning an appliance that is way past its capacity. An oven that is too old will cost you more in repairs and maintenance. If you have an old oven and you know it has seen better days, you need to consider getting a new one.
- Added features – There are many ovens available with advanced features and accessories, for example, cleaning equipment. These add-ons can help you keep your oven clean, thus saving you time and energy.
Easy-Off Oven Cleaner Heavy Duty Cleaner truly lives up to its name. It easily removes stubborn grease and food spills. On the other hand, it is a heavy duty cleaner, which means the chemical smell may be too strong for some people. You may have to resort to using it on a few occasions such as spring cleaning and during the holidays. Another common issue is the spray nozzle getting clogged up. However, there is no doubting that this product is super cheap and extremely effective. It will leave your oven looking brand new within a few minutes of spraying and cleaning.