Cleaning the windows in your house is often a necessary task, even though it is not a particularly fun chore. With all the spraying and wiping, sometimes it’s just better to hire out the work to somebody else or buy windex window cleaner yourself and give it a shot.
However, the bottom line is that nobody wants their beautiful view obscured by grimy and smudged glass. Even if you don’t have much of a view to enjoy, you still don’t want a mess of streaks messing up the sunlight streaming into the house. Therefore, sometimes you just have to get down and dirty and get cleaning.
Now, when it comes to windows, there are good products and then there are great window cleaners. However, it’s often not easy to distinguish between the two. You need to know what to look for in a window cleaner so that you can get the best value for your money.
So here are some factors to consider when buying a window cleaner.
- It should not leave any streaks on the surface
- It should be able to dissolve grease, oil, and scum
- It should have a pleasant fragrance
- It should be affordable
- It should be able to clean all kinds of household glass surfaces e.g. mirrors
Glass is a very tricky surface to clean. However, there is one commercial window cleaner that makes window cleaning easy and effortless. This is none other than Windex Window Cleaner.
Windex Window Cleaner
Windex window cleaner is a powerful cleaner that consistently proves that it can handle any difficult cleaning challenge that you set before it. This is because one of its key ingredients is ammonia. The ammonia breaks up all kinds of grease, oil, smudges, and stains on glass surfaces without leaving any streaks or spots.
Windex window cleaner is also a very versatile product. It will clean all kinds of glass surfaces around the house, including bathroom mirrors and fixtures, old jewelry, and tough stains on tiled floors. It will even clean the glass plate in your microwave oven. We all know how dirty the inner surface of the microwave can get after heating up some chili! If you want to clean a wide variety of dirty surfaces, then Windex window cleaner will do the trick.
Windex is also quite affordable compared to other commercial window cleaners in the market. With its angled tube, Windex allows you to squeeze out every last drop out of the bottle. With its large 26-ounce bottle, you will definitely get your money’s worth.
If you are looking for an effective commercial window cleaner, you simply cannot go wrong with the tried and tested Windex window cleaner. It meets most of the criteria for the best window cleaners in the market. The only downside is that the ammonia scent may be a bit irritating for some people. However, the good news is that the smell doesn’t linger in the air for too long, so it should be undetectable after a few minutes.
Window Cleaning Using Natural Ingredients
So what do you do when you are out of Windex window cleaner and you are desperate for a cheaper option? Well, how about you make your own homemade window cleaning solution using natural ingredients?
There are a lot of natural ingredients around the house that can be combined to make effective window cleaners. This will help you cut down on costs without compromising the quality of your glass windows.
Don’t believe me?
Here is a list of ingredients you can use for making your own window cleaner:
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 drops essential oils e.g. rosemary, tea tree, lavender, and lemongrass
- 2 cups filtered or distilled warm water
The vinegar on its own may still work, but the cornstarch is actually the secret ingredient in this recipe. Cornstarch binds to all the water and makes it easier to wipe off all foreign molecules on the glass. This guarantees that you end up with clear and sparkling glass windows. The essential oils, as always, provide that sweet fragrance that hangs in the air after cleaning your windows.
Tips on Effective Window Cleaning
Maybe you are using a commercial window cleaner like Windex or natural ingredients. Whatever it may be, you must know how to get the best results out of your window cleaning efforts. Here are a few tips that will come in handy:
- Always dilute your window cleaner with distilled water. Tap water is hard water and contains minerals that may leave streaks on the glass.
- Use vinegar and water in the right proportions for best results. You don’t want to use too much or too little of the vinegar. If the smell of vinegar inside the house irritates you, just use it to clean the exterior windows or outdoor glass.
- Avoid using paper towels to wipe your windows. They tend to leave streaks of lint all over the glass. You are better off using plain old newspaper, a squeegee, or a microfiber cloth.
- Always finish up by buffing your windows using a dry rag or microfiber cloth. This will give you that extra shine you are looking for.
- Clean your windows regularly instead of allowing the dirt to accumulate. This will make your window cleaning sessions shorter and much easier.
Without a doubt, the best window cleaner you can find is Windex. It is powerful, versatile, doesn’t leave streaks, and is affordable. Just make sure you use the right material for wiping and buffing. With Windex window cleaner, you can say goodbye to those pesky blemishes on your windows and say hello to crystal-clear reflections.
Check out some of the best windows cleaners on Amazon below.